Although it is the most modest, always performed as a preliminary to more sophisticated Trials. Facilitates working back and sets the sequence of work.
It is therefore the most widely used because of its simplicity, speed and economy of application.
Visual inspection is the quintessential non-destructive testing, as their physical agent, light, not cause any harm to the vast majority of materials.
Visual inspection is the first step in any evaluation. And general, Non Destructive Testing set as a prerequisite for a visual inspection, usually the first thing we say is "let me see as is" (the appearance of an object). Visual inspection is used to determine:
- Form the configuration
- Surface Finish
- Reflectivity (reflection)
- Features color
- A juste
- Functional Characteristics
- The presence of surface discontinuities
- Easy to use in areas where other methods are impractical
- Optical aids improve the method