Industrial Ultrasonic Examination (OUT) is defined as a non-destructive inspection procedure mechanical, that is based on the acoustic impedance, which manifests itself as the product of the maximum speed of propagation of sound between the density of a material.
The method is to use sound waves outside the hearing range, with a frequency of 1 a 5 million Hz (cycles per second)- hence the term ultrasonic. The ultrasonic method is a nondestructive test, Reliable and fast employing high frequency sound waves that penetrate metals produced electronically, and many other liquid materials at speeds of several thousand meters per second. The ultrasonic waves for non-destructive testing generally produce piezoelectric materials, which undergo a change in its physical dimension when subjected to an electric field.
- The Industrial Ultrasound is a non-metallic non-destructive testing widely in the evaluation of metallic materials and.
- Often use for thickness measurement, corrosion detection zones, detection of defects in parts that have been cast and forged, rolled the welded; applications of new materials such as metal-ceramic and composite materials, has been widely accepted, so simple and easy to apply as inspection method for quality control of materials, While the study of defects (internal, subsurface and surface) and taking measurements as: thickness measurement (steel containers, Animal fat layer, etc.), Hardness measurement, determining the level of liquid, etc..
Advantages of Industrial Ultrasound
- This technique can be applied in a wide range of materials and a great number of products formed as: sheeting, axes, pathways, tubes, rods, etc., and manufacturing processes such as: welding, casting, rolling, forging, machining, etc..
- It is applicable to other industries such as: medicine, navigation, fishing, communication, inter.
- Detects both surface discontinuities, subsurface and internal.
- You can increase the sensitivity of the equipment to make convenient probe change.
- Teams can be portable and adaptable to a number of conditions.